Thursday, April 29, 2010

One Blog per Month?

4/30/10
So clearly Krista was right. I asked Facebook if I should start a blog, and Krista said I would never use it. Congrats!

All right, well, I'm awake! It's 2am, and I am listening to a webinar by Wendy Kopp, the founder of Teach For America. I want to Teach For America, so it seemed important. But now sleep feels more important. I've been baking cupcakes since six pm. With a couple of breaks for dinner and such. Lol.

We are having Salloween tomorrow. Those of you who wonder what Salloween is clearly are not in Cape Town. Where you are, it is likely the sun is shining, and while I know it's been chilly lately, you literally have no idea. It is SO cold here! Maybe not on the thermometer, but with no heat in our house, it's a much more painful problem. High class complaints, I know. We have a little heater in our room, left behind by the previous residents, who lived through the worst winter in South African history. Thank you, former Lover's Walkers!

Anyway, point is, it is Halloween time. It is exactly 6 months since All Hallows, and so we are throwing a Halloween party. At the same time, Sally is turning 21, so, there you go: Salloween. =) Thanks to my terrific pink friendship heels, which my mother packed up and brought all the way to Cape Town, I have decided to be Barbie. What am I wearing? That's a whole different issue!

Sooo...I've taken on a second internship. That was silly. Lol. It is a much better internship, with actual goals and responsibilities. But I did not want to simply up and leave my old internship. So while I used to have the majority of my afternoons free, I now have no afternoons free. It's stressful, but it's good.

Last weekend, Liz, Kaileigh and I, went to Lesotho. We flew to Bloemfontein on Friday morning, drove seven hours to Malealea Lodge, spent the night, rode ponies for six hours to a traditional village, hiked for three hours, spent the night, rode ponies for seven hours, hiked for a half hour or so, got back to the lodge, spent the night, drove seven hours back to Bloemfontein, and flew home. And yes, it really was that hectic.

I need to sleep! I'm sorry Wendy Kopp. I'll finish this later. I promise!

So...I had more to say, I swear. First of all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Yup, Mommy's birthday is today and because she will read this I will not tell you which one. =P

It's hard being away from events such as these. It's weird to think that since I left there have been TWO new members added to my family. The pictures are adorable, but it's really just not the same. I do often have to wait months before meeting these little gifts, but at least there in the same continent as me. And I know I would have met Lucia already. *sigh*

Today was my last Sex Love and Taboo class! Lame, so very very lame. That class is potentially the best one I've taken since Myth and Allusion senior year of high school.

5/10/10

All right so some of you might be reading this going "It's not April 30 anymore." You would be correct. Frankly, I forgot about this post. Bad Katie.

Classes are wrapping up. Both the lecture and the seminar for Editing and Writing ended today. I purchased my seminar professor's book. It's called Race. I think he was flattered, and he signed it for me. I also ordered Rhoda (my new boss's) book and Anne Marie Wolpe's, who spoke for my Trinity class. Those should make lovely souvenirs. For...me! Lol.

So it was equally hard to be away from Mother's Day as it was for my mom's birthday. But guess what? I have ONE MONTH left in Cape Town! Crazy, right? One month from today. More importantly, after classes end for good on Wednesday I have TWO WEEKS before I have to go back to campus. Lol.

So I'm going to publish this before I forget again. Sorry guys! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment