Well at least
I’ve learned a lot
That cannot be denied
About myself
About life
About the things I do
And do not
Do and want to do
I’ve learned
I can
Walk in a room
And know
What has to happen
To fix it
Improve it
Make it mine—
my thoughts
my vision
and I
can make people want
what I want them to want
and make them happy to want it
and make me happy to want it
and
I’ve learned
I can
win anyone over
with my smile,
fake ‘til it’s made
with the passion I pour
and pour
and
pour
with the power I
developed in me.
and I
feel that power
bubbling and stretching
bending me and bending
life
to finally go my way—
maybe.
I’ve learned.
I can.
but is that,
is this,
all there is?
another notch
in a belt
of wonderful, awful
fabulous, frustrating
empowering, enraging
learning?
or
a start
to a brand new
exciting, intriguing,
tragic, magic,
life?
When do I learn
about myself
about my life
and what I do
and will and won’t
and need and don’t—
I know
I need
the learning will not stop.
But I don’t want this to
either
or
to find I’ve learned
yet again
what I won’t and do not
want or need
and my power only goes
so far
and I pack my bags
my skills, my love
and go
and learn
elsewhere
somewhere
once more.

No comments:
Post a Comment